Sunday, September 9, 2012

Last Day In Monterosso

 
A little yellow bird lives in the cage below this window and above a restaurant... 

We walked back to the train station to get our ticket in advance for tomorrow to Lucca. Sights along the way...

 





 


 At lunch,each table had its own basil plant so I used some on my caprese.
 
 I had more pesto pasta. We are in the pesto region, so why not?

 
 
 We met three girls from the US, and they took our picture while we enjoyed chatting with them in English!
 Afternoon views from our terrace at Hotel Villa Steno.


 
 


 We decide to take a walk to find the "Lemons Walk", as it is called on our map...
 We can't access the walk, so we go down through town and explore a little.



 We find another walk to do that will lead us up the hill, past a winery and lemon grove up to the church on the hill overlooking the harbor.
 















 


 



Arne waiting for me while I browsed one store. Didn't buy anything here though. Saving space in the suitcase! We ate dinner at Il Moretto tonight down in town on a corner and it was very good.

Of course, I had the pesto again!



 
 
 Happy with my cappuccino :)

No comments:

Post a Comment